Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Two weeks since surgery...

Well, its been two weeks and I'm healing. The incision is not nearly as gross as it was right after surgery. I can stand up without much pain. Most of my pain came when I had to burb, hiccup, or simply digest food. My abdominal cavity had no idea where things should be, so it raised heck when I did anything! Now, my organs are starting to find their new resting place and it feels better.

Also, I'm slowly becoming able to eat enough to keep me from losing weight. (I can't wait to get the go-ahead to head back to the gym in another month or so. That's the only way I can gain weight.)

I'm trying to get out and do stuff. Last Thursday, I watched my Arlington softball team play. On Friday, I took my mom to a happy hour (only coke for me). On Saturday, I acted in another one of those 48 Hour Film Projects. If anyone has seen "Just Shoot Me," my character was a lot like David Spade. I was hitting on someone's girlfriend in a sleazy way. :-) On sunday, I went to a softball practice (just to watch...settle down people!) But I ended up taking the mound to throw one pitch. It was a strike. I still got it! :-)

I'm also trying to walk at least a mile a day. I'll build that up over time.

My follow-up with the doctor at Johns Hopkins is in two weeks. At that time, we'll decide when to do the next surgery and when I'll be doing some more chemotheropy. So, I don't have any news on that yet.

All for now...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you are doing well! I'll give you a call to catch up. :)

Unknown said...

Glad to hear you sounding so well, can't believe you're doing all that! Hope everything continues to get better.
Kim