Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Running, running, running...

Last night I went to my running training for "Cancer to 5K." The last day I ran was this past Thursday and that day everything went smoothly with my scheduled workout. Last night was not so easy. I had to take Friday through Monday off because of chemo. So, when I went to run yesterday, I was dead. I could not do the workout. I was supposed to run a minute, walk a minute and continue that for 24 minutes. After a few cycles, I had to resort to running one minute and walking 2 or 3 minutes.

I know, I know...I just had chemo. But, I hate not being able to do what I want to do. It sucks. I hate being out of shape.

On the bright side, the chemo is not really taking away my ability to gain strength. I can lift weights at the gym and I'm getting stronger there. The chemo is only taking away my endurance.

No comments: