Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Bedside manner...

In the past few days, two of my friends have asked me if I would mind talking with their friends who have cancer. Both of them are around my age, play sports in my alumni league, and could use some encouragement. Of course, I am happy to talk with them. If either of them are reading this...hi! :-)

It feels weird being the one to be offering the encouragement instead of the one receiving it from all of you who read my blog. But, it's a nice feeling. It'll be even nicer when these two girls go into remission and take over my role with "patients" of their own. Keep the pattern going, until that day when cancer goes the way of Polio. (Btw, you know where the vaccine for Polio was discovered, right? That's right...the University of Pittsburgh! :-) )

I wish there was no one for me to talk to, but since there is, it's nice to help...

No comments: