Monday, November 3, 2008

No scan today...

You know, I have not had a procedure done at Georgetown were there wasn't a problem. And I have not had a procedure done at Johns Hopkins were there WAS a problem.

I showed up at Georgetown for my CAT scan this morning and they didn't have my orders for it. They asked if I had them. Now, maybe my doctor gave me the orders, but that was over a month ago and I have chemo brain. Why should a patient have to be responsible for hand-carrying paper orders? There is a computer at everyone's desk at G-town. Why aren't the orders on the computer? At Johns Hopkins, I don't have to do anything except show up.

An option today was to wait around a couple of hours for my doctor to arrive and then try to get new orders. I decided to eat a donut and go home instead. I have a call in to Johns Hopkins to get my scan done up there sometime. They know what they are doing.

1 comment:

womenwithcancer said...

Hey Shawn, Bummer about the mix-up and the ancient systems around here! I was looking forward to hearing how the treatment is going. Keep us posted and I hope you get the info soon. Sounds like you had a great time at the Pitt game! I'm heading to Boston Friday for BC-ND. I'll have to bundle up for the 8pm game.