Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Uncle...uncle!!!

Back in August when I started my chemo again, my doctor said he likes to do 6 months of chemo with his patients. I had already done 3 months over the winter, so that would be 3 more. Cool. But, no. He said he wanted to do a full 6 months more with me just to be sure. I couldn't argue that.

He did, however, say that I could take a break in the middle if it got to be too much. No way did I ever think I'd take him up on that. The last thing I want to do is push back my end date (currently 30 January). But, I just emailed him today asking to take that break. It probably makes me a wimp, but the last couple of cycles have put me in a "chemo coma" where I just sleep for 5 or 6 days after treatment. I'd like to do my next cycle (next week), take a break, and then finish the final 5 after that. It would be nice to have the holidays off from chemo.

No comments: