Thursday, June 18, 2009

Wow, just wow...

For the past three days I was taking a leadership class about Lewis and Clark in Harper's Ferry, WV. On my way home, I got a text from my cousin: "Dude, you are getting lots of packages. What? Are you running an internet business?" I had only ordered a t-shirt recently, so I had no idea what he was talking about. I called him and he gave me the addresses they came from...NJ, AR, NY, IL and MA. Oh, yeah...colon cancer survivors. What are they up to? I had about two hours to ponder this while driving home. The only thing I could come up with was that I was having my CAT scan tomorrow.

Sure enough, they were all "good wishes" cards, things dealing with cats, or dealing with the procedure. (Although, the one piece of literature that I'm sure Lori had a hand in is more appropriate if I was donating at a fertility clinic.)

Hannah, Sarah, and Lori were out on the town in Little Rock. (Isn't that called "Bangin' in Little Rock?") They carried a sign reading, "Go Shawn" and sent me photos of everyone out that night holding the sign...even a little league team. Why were 12 yr olds at a bar? Are there no Dairy Queens in Arkansas?

Here is a photo of some of the things. I'll leave it high resolution, so you can click on it and zoom in.

Thanks guys! (I think they will look at me funny in the waiting room with my new magazine!)

One other thing...just for you Colondar peeps...

During my leadership class, they talked about how Lewis and Clark's team bonded so well because they had to go through hardships together. I raised my hand and pointed out that you don't have to go through hardships TOGETHER to be able to bond. Going through hardships and then finding each other works just as well. I think this proves it. :'-)

No comments: