Sunday, July 26, 2009

I had a dream...

Nope, it wasn't as big as Martin Luther King's dream. It just involved me.

I've been sleeping a lot the past two days and when I woke up from one nap last night, the dream was very vivid. I was at my grandma's house when I was about 10 years old. It was Thanksgiving, and the whole house smelled like turkey cooking in the oven. Why is this even relevant? Because I want that time back. All I had to do then was eat the turkey. Last night when I woke up, I had to take some anti-nausea pills as well as some steroids. Instead of wanting to eat Thanksgiving dinner, I just didn't want to throw up. I managed not to, but it's a struggle sometimes.

Sometimes, I don't stop myself from sleeping when the drugs make me really tired. That could be because it gives me an escape for a hour or so at a time.

1 comment:

womenwithcancer said...

Sounds like a rough week. Hang in there, Shawn.