Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Change in 2nd opinion...

We have decided to go to Johns Hopkins University for my second opinion. Johns Hopkins has been rated in the top three the past 20 years or so in cancer care. Can't beat that. Plus, its only in Baltimore...which is really close compared to Chicago or Philly. I can drive it each time I would need to go.

My consultation visit is scheduled for 21 March. Stay tuned as I may need rides to and from Baltimore, if you want to help out.

In the meantime, I have to collect all my medical records and I'm also continuing my chemotherapy at Georgetown. Its not like I don't like the care at G-town...I just want to know what else is out there. Maybe Johns Hopkins has treated people just like me. You never know...

3 comments:

Mary Ellen Callahan said...

Hey, I could probably drive you to Bmore on the 21st, just let me know. Also, I have two cousins who married researchers at Hopkins (yeah, I don't know what is up with that). they are not in oncology, but I can give them a call whenver you need it, if it would be at all helpful. THinking about you!

CalvinHobbes said...

I'm available to drive whenever you need a ride. Btw, comments like "maybe Johns Hopkins has treated people just like me" would have made it onto the fridge.

Season said...

Willing to help in any way I can, work for the govt too so flexible comes with the territory. Also, signed up for the 5k today! ; )