Many of you have been calling and emailing to see if I'm okay and ask how things went during my second opinion consultation at Johns Hopkins. Well, sorry for the delay...I had an aunt, two uncles and a mom in town over the past week, so I was having some good visiting time with them.
During my consultation, the doctors seemed upbeat. They agreed with the type of chemotherapy I'm receiving. This week, they are going to take a copy of my latest CAT scan to their review board to see if I'm a candidate for surgery at this point. This brings into question those "floating tumors" again. If they come back to me and say that I'm good to go for surgery, then I won't be sure if they saw those "floating tumors." Afterall, my doctor at Georgetown didn't see those tumors at first, either. The radiologists saw them only after further review.
I get another CAT scan in about five or six weeks. That should tell us more about what time-frame we are looking at for a surgery.
All in all, I'm feeling pretty good lately. I'm slowly increasing my weights at the gym, I'm throwing up less (always a good thing), and I feel more normal as a whole.