Friday, March 14, 2008

The first time in 7 years

For the first time in seven years, I am not in New York City for the Big East Basketball Tournament. I have gone every year and scalped tickets for every game that Pittsburgh has played. They have 12 wins and five losses in those 17 games over the years. Out of the seven years, they have been to the final championship game in six of those years.

The reason I didn't go this year is because I was scheduled to have chemotherapy this past Wednesday (the first day of the tournament). Well, my blood counts were too low and I ended up not being able to have chemo (it will be on Monday, now). So, I missed the tournament for basically nothing.

The good news is that my friend from college, Fish, came to visit me. So he and I have watched the Panthers win two games and get to the semi-finals tonight. I am really happy he is here with me...it makes it easier to take.

Everyone cheer for Pitt tonight against Marquette!