Monday, October 6, 2008

Army 10 Miler...

Yesterday was the "Army 10 Miler" race in D.C. I woke up early (very rare) to head downtown to cheer on some friends. I was looking for seven people, but in the midst of 26,000 runners I only saw three of them. It was like needles in a haystack, only needles don't usually wear jogging shorts. Wait...maybe they do. I don't know...I make it a point never to look at the needles my nurses use on me.

Anyhoo...the race was very inspiring. Wounded soldiers from Iraq were running on prosthetic legs or using hand-operated, three-wheeled bikes. Others were running with shirts reading "In memory of Sgt ____." I saw many "Live Strong" and "Stand Up 2 Cancer" shirts. So many emotions were churned up.

Later in the day was *supposed* to be my light running day for my "Cancer to 5K" training. How the heck did they expect me to only run lightly after witnessing what I had? I ran more than I had any day in many months. I just had to...

No comments: