Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Can't sleep...

Since I'm having my usual insomnia after a chemo treatment, I thought I'd take advantage of the time awake and write a blog entry.

It was just about a year ago when I started feeling badly. I don't know the exact date, but it was around Halloween week when my low-grade fever started and it didn't stop for about two months. Finally, in mid-December, I checked myself into the E.R. with a high fever. About 14 hours later, I left the hospital with abnormalities on my CAT scan. They didn't "want to scare me, but it could be cancer." The strangest thing of all was that my fever disappeared the day my CAT scan showed cancer. I didn't take any drugs and wasn't treated at all. The fever simply went away on it's own. It was almost as if my body was screaming for two months, "hey, look here!" and once we looked there, the screaming stopped.

Even with all the crap I am going through, now, in regards to chemo, I guess it beats constantly feeling sick and not knowing why. At least now I know what I'm up against and I have a time-table for the end. If all goes well, my last chemo will be on 30 January 2009. The party will be a few weeks later. Be there! :-)

1 comment:

Katie Mac said...

hmm, I think it's no coincidence that you started feeling badly when I left for Iraq ;)