Thursday, December 18, 2008

Flash back: 19 December 2007

One year ago today, I was sitting in an oncologist's office at Georgetown as the doctor was saying the biopsies from my colonoscopy confirmed cancer in the colon that had spread to the liver. He went over the options for me. I don't really remember the conversation. It's mostly a blur as I either blacked it out or my mind was thinking about other things and not listening. It was a day I wish no one would ever have to go through again.

Today, one year later, I will be back at Georgetown for my 14th chemotherapy treatment. Last year I was a week away from my 1st and was fearing the unknown. Now, the 18th and final treatment is in sight and not much fear surrounds me. Sure, the cancer could return. But if it returns to my liver, I'll just get it cut out. The liver grows back. If it returns to my colon, I'll just get another piece snipped off. Even removing the entire colon won't kill me...just not the most pleasant idea.

I'm more worried about how I'm going to find tickets to the Big East Basketball Tournament this year with all the teams being so good!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Only four more treatment to go! YIPPEE! =Ds