Tuesday, April 1, 2008

I'm having surgery tomorrow...

April Fools! :-)

Actually, tomorrow I'm having a PET scan (positron emission tomography). It's a type of nuclear medicine imaging. It uses very small amounts of radioactive material to diagnose abnormalities within the body. I'll then have a map of my body sort of like an MRI.

Johns Hopkins is asking for the PET scan to be conducted so they'll know if I have any tumors outside of the colon and liver. If not, I'll be eligible for surgery on those organs. If so, I'll have to stay on chemotheropy until something changes.

Keep your fingers crossed for no tumors outside of the colon and liver!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Good Luck with the PET tomorrow.

Unknown said...

No tumors! No tumors! No tumors! I'll be thinking of you.

womenwithcancer said...

Hi Shawn,
Thanks for the updates. Can't wait to hear how the PET goes. Looked for you on 5North today... take care!

CalvinHobbes said...

Nice April Fool's Day joke - - - at least your car didn't get moved. ;-) (not that you or Kim noticed) Hope the scan when well.

SerenityNow said...

"It's not a toomah!"