Monday, January 28, 2008

The ABCs of dealing with cancer...

A lot of days, I struggle to find something to do with myself. The other day, I put all 375 DVDs in alphabetical order. It didn't take as long as I thought it would (about 2 hours). I had stacks of each letter of the alphabet in my living room. Some of the stacks had to be relieved to multiple stacks because I'm not too tall and I couldn't reach the top any longer.

Now they are all in proper order from "Airplane!" to "You, Me, and DuPree." Some facts:

The letters S and M turn out to be the most used letters for film titles. (And no, its not because of my extensive "S&M" movie collection, people!)

The letters Q and Z were not used. (I do not have Zoolander, sorry.)

If you have a film named with a U name, chances are the next lext in the word is N. I have Unbreakable, Underworld, Unfaithful, Unforgiven, United 93, and Untouchables. I have only two films that start with U, but are not followed by the letter N. Can you think of some?

Okay, now questions for you... How the heck to I alphabetize "Ocean's Eleven," "Ocean's Twelve," and "Ocean's Thirteen?" In release date, its obviously 11, 12, and 13. But in alphabetical order, its 11, 13, 12! What to do???

This happens again when dealing with "box sets" of DVDs. Let's look at Star Wars. We have: "Episode 2 - Attack of the Clones;" "Episode 1 - Phantom Menace;" "Episode 3 - Revenge of the Sith;" Now I'm left with a box set of "The Star Wars Trilogy" that includes "Episode 4 - A New Hope;" "Episode 5 - The Empire Strikes Back;" and "Episode 6 - Return of the Jedi." What the heck should I do with all that?

And don't even get me started on the whole "Harry Potter" series mess!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Whenever alphabetical order issues arise, always go with the chronological order.

Ultraman and the Uma Thurman Chronicles???

Fish said...

six foot one
six foot three
six foot two

AOBH!